Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Beast Burger… Yes, it’s a Quarter Pound Vegan Burger

The Beast Burger topped with Grilled Onions, Daiya Cheddar, & Thousand Island

In 2014, I did a promo with Brian from Beyond Meat at The High Octane Car Show, benefiting The Gentle Barn.  We were showcasing Beyond Meat’s grilled strips and my street tacos.  Brian had given the tacos a thumbs up. 

Rikki Rocket, Poison drummer, enjoy'n our street taco
made with Beyond Meat at the High Octane Car Show

Later that year, Brian told me Beyond Meat was going to be launching an exciting, new product.  He couldn’t reveal what it was, but he was totally thrilled about it. 

Last week, I was at my local neighborhood Sprouts store and came across a package in the freezer section.  Enticing, eye-catching, bold box labeled The Beast Burger.  I couldn’t resist.  I had to give this daddy a try. 


Beast Burger

The burgers have a deep, rich, brown color.  No pale veggie burger here. 


The Beast Burger
Straight from the Package

I made a batch of my thousand island dressing and grilled up some onions.  Now for the burger, I pan-fried ‘em up junk food style and added a couple of touches (soy sauce and liquid smoke).  Salt & peppered those bitches (as Craig would say) and melted some Daiya shredded cheddar.   Now they were ready to go.
Grilled up Beast Burger
Craig took a bite first.. “Holy cow!!!  But it’s not cow.”  He couldn’t believe how close to the real deal it was.  I more than agreed.  We both thought that these were by far the best frozen veggie burgers we’d tried. 

The Beast … a quarter pound burger definitely earns its name.  This is a big boy.  Served with a side of steak fries and you’ll be more than satisfied. 

I noticed that they have a sliders version.  I’m looking forward to trying them soon.  Craig said I’d better get back to Sprouts and pick up some more packages.   

Fireball, the donkey, check'n out the Beast Burger



Stay tuned.  Next stop, the vegan version of the Burger King Quarter Pounder.  
#BeyondMeatBeastBurger

Thousand Island Dressing

Three ingredients only... how simple.  I go by feel and color for my thousand island dressing.  I use Trader Joe's ketchup, which may be a little darker in color.  The thousand island looks slightly pinkish-orange, rather than light orange like store bought brands... but it tastes great.  I'll measure soon and give you an update.

Vegeanaise, Just Mayo, or any other vegan mayo
Ketchup
Pickle Relish

No comments:

Post a Comment