Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ener-G Egg Replacer - Product Review

Eggs.  Eggs. Eggs.  So, how do you replace those cholesterol laden, artery clogging nasties?  Ener-G Egg Replacer to the rescue.  It’s economical and works great for baking and as a binder.  You can get the equivalent of 113 eggs per package, with only 15 calories per serving and at 0 grams of cholesterol ...  How can you go wrong?  I get them from Vitacost at about $4.75 per box.
 
Ener-G Egg Replacer
I use Ener-G egg replacer mainly for baking.  I love using them in the pancake recipe from the Candle 79 cookbook.  The pancakes come out perfect with great taste and texture.  

When I substituted Ener-G in boxed cake mixes that require eggs, I found the only difference was that the cake comes out moister and lighter.  Not bad, but watch out if you're substituting for boxed brownies.  You should probably cut back on the oil, I find they come out with an oily film on top if you follow the directions on the box.

You can use them in place of a binder (non-vegan eggs are used that way).  Just substitute each egg with the equivalent of the Ener-G egg replacer.  I use them in my savory dishes, like for the coating on my Buffalo Chick’n Tenders.  As for dishes like scrambled eggs, stick with the good ole tofu based substitute.  You can try the tofu substitute in my Good Morning Vegan Eggster Pita.  


I keep a box on hand and the beauty is ... they don’t rot like eggs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment